Get Involved with AITA and Tending to Your Future!
Tendering is a business and a way of life.
This is your Association. Without you there is no Association. Your suggestions, comments and participation are vital for the direction you want AITA to go. We are continually seeking ways to improve and it requires feedback from you, the independent tender owners and operators of Alaska.
This website is our meeting place and can serve as a useful resource to all of us. Every year we are faced with more regulation and higher maintenance costs. If we are to remain a viable part of the Alaska Commercial Fishing Industry we need to pay attention to the changes and how they affect us as independent owners and operators – we do not want to be regulated out of a job!
Your support is necessary for this to happen as independent business owners we cannot keep up with the changes individually – as a community we join together to share ideas and information so that we stay informed and have a say in the rules and rule making process that regulate the Alaska Tender Fleet.
At this time there are no paid positions in the Alaska Independent Tendermens Association – all work is volunteer by AITA members. We hope you are as committed as we are to promoting and protecting the common interests of the independent tender owners, operators and their crew in Alaska.
Now, you may ask yourself – “How can I get involved?” There are many ways to get involved and “Tend to Your Future”:
- Become an AITA Member
- Pay your AITA dues
- Participate in our polls and surveys – we are gathering information on common issues to better understand our differences
- Share your ideas and your knowledge:
- Your Tips and Tricks for doing what we do and how we can do it better
- Compliance and regulations – bring to our attention any compliance, regulation and safety articles that should be on our website
- Research – if you have extensively researched a topic, from mechanical to regulation, common to Alaska Tenders, share that research with us by writing an article or by emailing the information to us
- Ask questions – if you have a question about regulation or need help or advice solving a problem with any of the many vessel systems (RSW, diesel engines, fish pumps, etc..) send us an email – ask your question
- Roll up your shirt sleeves:
- Be an author – write articles, contribute information – this website was created in January 2011 – there is lots of room to grow – we need content relevant to Alaska Tenders
- Be an editor – if you like to review and edit articles use your talent to be a website editor
- Be an AITA Board member – we need your unique talents and energy – get on the frontline with the troops and make it happen!
- Attend AITA meetings – keep informed
- Attend Board of Fish Meetings – be a voice for the independent tenderman of Alaska
None of the above ? – then tell us how you would like to be involved – Contact AITA
Send us your Feedback tell us how we can better serve this community of Alaska Independent Tendermen.