- USCG - 10-20-15 Safety Exam Clarification
- Engineer Officer Endorsements 2015
- Full Observer Coverage in the Gulf of Alaska Trawl Fishery
- Simple Truths of Safety at Sea for the Alaska Tender Fleet
- USCG - Dangerous Liquid Cargo & Fish Tenders
- 2015 USCG Dockside Exam Update
- 2016 tLandings Application Use Requirement
- USCG - Digital Selective Calling - VHF Radios
- AIS Overview & Requirements
- 2014 USCG - Safety & Equipment Requirements
Thanks to all of you who came by Booth 509 at Pacific Marine Expo 2015.
Breakfast Buffet and Members Meeting.
Satellite Technical Services Alaska co-sponsored our breakfast buffet - thanks Harold!
The Simple Truths of Safety at Sea for the Alaska Tender Fleet
The January 1, 2017, deadline for development and implementation of an Alternate Safety Compliance Program for vessels at least 50 feet in length, built before July 1, 2012, and over 25 years of age, is rapidly approaching.
To address safety concerns of the tender fleet, AITA is currently developing an Alternative Safety Compliance Checklist, as well as a Best Practices Manual for Alaska commercial Fishing Tender vessels.
As part of this overall process AITA has prepared a casualty report document, "The Simple Truths of Safety at Sea for the Alaska Tender Fleet: A Study of Tenders in the 17th Coast Guard District", and is specific to commercial Fishing Tenders operating in the State of Alaska. This report was submitted to the Commercial Fishing Safety Advisory Committee in September 2014.
The Alaska Commercial Fishing Tender fleet hazards are dramatically different from other fleets in the industry, and many of the concerns can be addressed easily. AITA is participating in the development of an Alternative Safety Compliance Plan and in the development of a risk based Alternative Safety Compliance Program for Commercial Fishing Tender Vessels in Alaska. We believe the plan can be achieved with reasonable changes and can result in minimal economic impact to our members.
The casualty report document may be viewed here: The Simple Truths of Safety at Sea for the Alaska Tender Fleet: A Study of Tenders in the 17th Coast Guard District.